Giving is an important part of our contribution as Christians both to our Church and to the less fortunate, locally, nationally and internationally. Although we need to cover the necessary running expenses of our Church and Circuit, we also aim to enable God’s mission in the wider world. Through regular saving and specific giving we have supported and continue to support many organisations on a regular basis including:
- The Leprosy Mission: individual collecting boxes.
- Action for Children: Christingle and Christmas morning service collections and individual collecting boxes.
- Christian Aid: Christian Aid week collections and used stamp collections (which also go to RNIB).
- Compassion: Individual collecting, donations from Wednesday Group & Cornerstone.
- Methodist Relief & Development Fund: All We Can envelope collection at Harvest.
- Local Preachers: Sunday morning envelope collection for Leaders of Worship & Preachers Trust.
- Methodist Homes: Envelope collection.
- Armed Service organisations: Remembrance Sunday collection.
- Jubilee Outreach Yorkshire: Christmas Shoe Box and donation Appeal.
- Christians Against Poverty (CAP): Sunday morning coffee donations.
- Methodist Women in Britain: Annual donation.
- Mission in Britain: Annual donation.
- The Salvation Army: Monetary donations given at our annual Toy Service
We also support emergency appeals and donate to other charities through fund raising events. The proceeds from our Sunday morning coffee donations are distributed to two or three chosen charities each year and a proportion of the money raised through the Cornerstone Café is given to a number of local charities each year.
Online Giving & Envelope Scheme
Many of our members use the envelope scheme for their weekly giving and an increasing number are now making payments by direct debit. If you wish to make use of either of these facilities please contact the Church office.
If you wish to make a donation to Menston Methodist Church please do so by using this form.
If you are a taxpayer and do not currently Gift Aid your giving, please consider doing so. There is no cost to you and it enables us to reclaim 25p tax on every £1 donated. Please use this form.